Monday, February 9, 2009

Custom Artisanal Cereal. Eat Well.


Here are two things I haven't said before:

1. "My cereal was just delivered by UPS"
2. "My cereal" - as in, MY cereal, a hand-crafted "Six Minute Style" blend

I was contacted a few weeks ago by [me] & goji, an internet-based company that allows you, the consumer, to literally design your own morning blend. All with a few clicks of the keyboard and mouse. Even better, you get to craft your cereal from 30-plus all natural and organic ingredients. How great is that?

Now, I have to admit, I was initially hesitant. Cereal? Designed by me? Delivered by Brown? What's that going to look like? And, more importantly, what's it going to taste like?

Well, it tastes pretty darn good. Fabulous, actually. Imagine that. I mix together flavors I love with ingredients I know are good for me and Viola! A breakfast worth waking up for (and in the dead of winter, that alone is quite compelling).

My personal blend is a mix of granola, flaxed and flaked (organic corn, amaranth, flax and sesame), cinnamon, golden raisins, goji and walnuts. Yummy. And not just for breakfast. I sampled it dry, on the way to yoga last night and again, with milk, this morning. It passed both tastings with flying colors.  

And as much as I loved eating my very own blend, I really loved my husband's reaction to the way-cool cylinder labeled, "Six Minute Style." 

Yes, I have my own cereal. You should have your own, too. Check it out and let me know what you think. It's not cheap, but neither are the slim boxes in the health food store. And they don't have your name on the label. 


No comments:

Post a Comment