Monday, March 9, 2009

Enjoying the Simple Things




Picked up a bouquet of irises on Saturday and was thrilled at the speed at which they filled my home (not to mention my spirits) with a much-needed hint of carefree summer days, aimless barefoot (or at least flip-flopped) walks and flirty little skirts (sans wool socks, of course). Adding to the joviality, a friend brought me a bouquet of darling yellow daisies Saturday evening. We immediately added them to the vase housing the irises and Viola! A floral Om for the soul. It was as though the pale yellows and deep purples were whipped up in some faraway greenhouse with the sole purpose of coming together on a cold, gray winter day.  

It's wonderful that something so simple as a bouquet or two of flowers can bring so much joy. And to think, I paid all of $8.99 for the irises. Money well spent, I'd say. You?


No comments:

Post a Comment