Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Life

I've been a bit remiss in posting. I had the best intentions when I added the blog to the Six Minute Style site, but life has a way interjecting and grabbing (stealing?) our attention. Suffice it to say, there are big changes on the near horizon that have my full attention. More on that later. For now, here are some random thoughts:

The Economy: Could it get any worse? It's nutty right now and it seems most people are feeling it in some way, shape or form. If you're not - good for you! If you are, here's what I want to know: What changes have you made to deal with the economic slowdown?

Film - Saw "The Wrestler." Is it worth all the hype? Absolutely. Mickey Rourke is flawless. The film is tight and lean (not a lot of extraneous scenes and sub-plots taking up screen time) and the photography is spot-on - simultaneously intimate and bold. See this film. Then see it again.  BTW, if you're shying away because of an aversion to director Darren Aronofsky's work, get over it. You'll be glad you did. This is a beautiful, visceral piece of art. What's your take on it?

Weather - It snows in the deep South the same day I'm out riding my bike (under warm and sunny skies) in the far, far North. Global Warming? A fluke? Or, just a really lucky day for me (in my book, heaven is all bikes, all the time). How's your winter weather treating you? Do you think weather patterns are changing?






No comments:

Post a Comment