Sunday, January 25, 2009

Long Live the Leisure Suit


Remember the leisure suit? That cheap, shiny, "matchy-match," polyester uniform worn by a generation of middle-aged men back in the 1970s? Egads. Just thinking of it gives me the heebie-jeebies (not to mention quite a few chuckles). 

Well, guess what? The leisure suit is back and it's fabulous. Check out Target's latest take on this fashion icon. The Merona Cashmazing Suit (yes, that really is its name) replaces shiny with an acrylic "sweater" material that is both warm and comfortable. Available in Spice, Charcoal or Ebony (my choice), it's a nice alternative to sweats or pajamas when hanging around the house. Could you run errands in it? Sure. Should you? Please don't be that woman. 

Now, let me be honest - I'm not a leisure/track/warm-up/tennis suit kind of gal. That being said ... I love this outfit. As for why I'm calling it a "Leisure Suit?" It actually came up on my Facebook page when I Googled the term. Hey, if Target's comfortable marketing it that way, who am I to argue?

$21-99 - $24.99. Not a bad price for comfort.

TELL US: 

What do you wear around the house when your sole purpose is to be comfortable?

 

12 comments:

  1. I even have my two-year old niece loving the leisure suit.... it's ageless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the leisure suit! Just purchased one last week and practically lived in it over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it has an elastic waistband, I want it around my waist. And, if it's attractive, like the leisure suit is, you don't have to feel embarrassed when a hottie stops by to see if you need your lawn mowed. Or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i get casual as soon as i walk in the door after work. this time of year that means fleece pants, long sleeve shirt, fleece hoody, slippers and sometimes a glass of red. as much as i love my lounge wear, i can't appreciate the cashmazing suit... maybe when i'm 60 i'll feel differently...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Angie. I however do not contemplate style when it comes to lounging. That's right I'm fearless and have been known to wear 3x too big sweatpants out with a "beer" logo shirt. I am a huge fan of cheap and would consider buying portions of the suit with which to lounge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I view it as a presentable version of a pair of pajamas. Maybe you wouldn't go to the store in it, but I'd certainly answer my front door in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wear swets, but you are talking me into trying this suit. It looks great!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just coming off a vacation where I was nicknamed 'Housepants'(no explanation needed I'm sure), this sounds like the perfect winter addition to my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You all have me convinced - I am on my way to Target right now - gotta run! Meleah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I work at home so leisure anything is ideal for me to roll over to my desk with my coffee in tow. The same goes for Sunday nights when we make pizza and watch Flight of the Conchords on TV. In this, I will zip up, cuddle up and relax. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, I am "that woman" who would roll into the grocery store sporting a leisure suit. Of course, I'm also "that woman" who ends up at the check out counter with starburst, sour patch kids and a 6-pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade (this may explain why I am still single). No matter what, you have to have your comfortable clothing and it's all Brady Bunch Leisure Suit's for me!
    I love SIX MINUTE STYLE.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, no, no...there's just TOO much risk that I might put this ensemble on, get a tad too comfy, and leave the house wearing it. Remember the dreaded "freshman 15?" I fear I'd pack on the "forty-something 50" in this number.

    ReplyDelete