Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Put it in Writing. Please.



Sometimes it seems as though we have gotten far, far away from the little niceties that made life so memorable. When was the last time you received a hand-written letter or a personally designed invitation in your mailbox? Unless you've been on the wedding circuit, I'm betting it has been a while. 

I have nothing against the e-invite or even a quick, little email thank you (Lord knows I've used both), but let's face it. There's nothing overly charming or sophisticated about either. Which is why I was absolutely delighted to receive some adorable note card and gift wrap samples from a little company called Feterie.

With a tag line of "Modern Stationary and Bespoken Lovelies," Feterie brings a bit of style back to the fine art of gift giving and receiving. Designs run the gamut from clean and simple to bold and striking. I wrote up a thank you note today (be sure to tell me what you think, Suzanne) and felt perfectly pleased while doing so. Want your very own custom design? They have an atelier for just that! Stationary - for weddings, announcements and everyday use, note cards, gift wrap, wall decor and framed art round out the offerings.

Check it out and let me know what you think. And, let me know if you're more inclined to the handwritten note or the electronic version and why. Thanks!





   

2 comments:

  1. I love hand written notes. This may be cheesy, but receiving a note written by someone means that they took the time to think about you and to put their thoughts on something equally beautiful. And in today's age, I think we lose some of the connectedness we have with each other because of all the social media options available. While I love everything online, there's nothing that makes me smile like a personally written note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for our Eco-Luxe Gift Wrap and Note Cards! I am thrilled that you love them! We're working on some great new designs, so please feel free to stop by our website and PaperCuts, my blog (http://feterie.com/blog)! Thank you again!

    --Cathe

    ReplyDelete